Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shhhhhh

September 29, 2009

For breakfast this morning The Boss had waffles with syrup. Lots of syrup. Syrup is sweet and sticky and so much fun to play with that it, somehow, ends up in her hair and all over her hands and arms with little bits of breakfast sticking to her.

So, after this mornings breakfast I just put her in the tub to get her and her hair clean again. I dried her off, dressed her and then went to change Aria's diaper. I guess she decided that she didn't get enough bath time because when I went to look for her I found her hiding behind the shower curtain.

She's really bad at hide and seek because as soon as I walked into the bathroom I hear, "Shhhhhh!" Which, while she could have been telling herself to be quite so I wouldn't find her, was really her telling me that she didn't want to do what I wanted her to do. She was preemptively telling me "No, mother, I will not be getting out of this bath tub any time soon, so just deal with it!" And, yes, the tub is still wet from the bath she took, literally 5 minutes before. And, no, I didn't change her into dry clothes when she finally got out.

Shushing me:
This is her new thing. When I tell her to do something she doesn't want to do, which includes everything except for watching Curious George and eating, she shushes me. Heaven help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment