Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pooh Bear Turns 6!

April 30 and May 1, 2009

Pooh Bear tuned six years old this year. I know, I can't believe it either! Pretty soon we will say goodbye to kindergarten and hello to 1st grade. Hello 1st grade and all day school, it's nice to meet you.

I thought it would be fun to take the girls to my hair salon and get "glitter toes," where they put layers of glue and glitter on your toes and say it lasts "forever." The girls got the royal treatment and thought it was the coolest thing and I am glad that the glitter toes last longer than 30 minutes. (If you have ever painted a little girls toes or finger nails you know that the paint stays on for about that long.) We did this the day before her birthday so she could wear her cute new sandles to school and show off her toes on her birthday. Of course we had to go buy the sandles right after their toes were done because all we had were flip flops and you can't wear flip flops to school. So, it was a really good day, glitter toes and new sandles, what more could a girl ask for?

Just like Mom's pedicures...The Process...It's so relaxing, Mom...The final product...Then on her birthday, for her birthday dinner, she choose Applebee's. Always a good choice cause they sing to you and you get free ice cream! And then we opened presents at home. Grandma Tina was staying with us because I was using her slave labor to paint the girls brand new room downstairs (on the list of things to blog about, don't worry). It was a fun birthday.Happy Birthday Pooh Bear! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Pooh Bear looks just like I feel when I get a pedicure. How have our glitter toes lasted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I want glitter toes! Seriously, I need to find a place that does glitter toes! Ashley asked me to paint her toes and fingers yesterday like a lady bug.(I think inspired by the movie Tinker Bell) And as I painted her fingers and toes, let it dry, and then painstakingly used a toothpick to put black dots all over them all I could think is "Please let these last more than an hour!" :)

    ReplyDelete