Monday, May 25, 2009

Grandma Larsen's 80th Birthday Bash

April 25, 2009

My Grandma Larsen turned 80 this year! She is an amazing woman that has taught me so much and loved me more than I deserved. We had a big party for her at Uncle Keith's house (a favorite among the kids because he has goats and donkeys!)

Me, Billie, Grandma L, Mom...
Drama and Pooh Bear practiced for two weeks to learn the primary song "Grandma" to sing to her. Grandma Larsen sang in Sweet Adaline's for years and loves music. The girls did a great job and I think Grandma really enjoyed it.




Here is Grandma listening to her "Voice Quilt." All Grandma's kids and grand kids called in and left a voice mail with a special message for grandma. My cousin Tom sang a great song about all the great food Grandma makes, and cousins from Arizona that couldn't be at the party called in and left a messages. It was a great idea and Grandma loved it. She said "she could listen to it anytime she needed a good cry!"
Here is Pooh Bear playing with the cousins...And the Boss sizing up the donkey...And the girls hamming it up for the photos...Here are all the pictures from that weekend in my Picasa album.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to see and hear the girls singing to Grandma Great again. They did such a good job at the party, Mom loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Little Ella is definitely Marks daughter. She is a lot like him isn't she?

    ReplyDelete