Sunday, October 17, 2010

The One Where I Make It All About Me. . .

Fact: I ruin all my shirts. Every single one of my t-shirts has little holes in the front at about kitchen counter height (what that's all about I don't know) or has bleach spots down the front (I love bleach. I get it from my Grandma Wheatley, (the trait/gene - not the actual bleach). If it can be bleached, I'll do it. If it can't be bleached then I will probably try to at some point and if it gets ruined then it really wasn't worth it anyway.) Friday I was wearing a brand spanking new shirt from Target, I love Target too, and was prepared to ruin it by the end of the day. Man, do I really wish that I had ruined it my normal way, i.e. holes/bleach, because this shirt was used to mop up Bea's blood. That's right, I win mother of the year again because Bea fell off the kitchen chair and bit through her lip. I have a woozy stomach and couldn't verify that it actually went ALL the way through but it was gaping enough on the outside that I hauled her into the doctor's office. And since I have somehow made this post all about me. . .the Jeep wouldn't start so Mark had taken my car to work that morning. I had Drama call him and ask if he could come home or if I needed to call a friendly neighbor. He raced home and I took Bea up the street to the Pediatrician.
 It turns out I may have over-reacted just a tiny bit. Bea didn’t need stitches but they did super glue her “gaping gash” back together and said she shouldn’t have much of a scar.
Bea was really only upset for a few minutes right after the “incident.” In fact the nurses commented on how happy she was (even though she was still eeking blood out of her lip). I informed them that she could be mortally wounded and still be happy smiley baby frolicking down the halls and to not read too much into it.
PS-Please disregard the applesauce all over her mouth. The only way I could get a picture was to feed her and trap her in her highchair.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch - I don't know of a child that has not had some kind of bloody wound on the face or head and nothing bleeds more. It doesn't look like Bea is too traumatized, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better call and increase that HSA account. Again. Have you done a grey hair check lately?
    Of course, Mark makes up for both of you.

    ReplyDelete