Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication

August 23, 2008

Sunday church was canceled here in Utah for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication. The temple was dedicated in two sessions on Sunday (I think there were quite a few more on Friday and Saturday). Our ward was to attend the 3pm session broadcast to our Stake house. Drama was very excited that she was old enough to go. I was worried that she would get bored but she sat still and listened to all the talks and was happy to be there.

In this picture below we are holding our hankies that we took to the dedication. They are Drama's Great Great Grandma Larsen's (my mother's father's mother) and Great Great Grandma Smith's (my mother's mother's mother). She loved how old and beautiful the hankies were. They were a gift to Drama from her Grandma Great, I think for her first Christmas. Anyway the dedication was beautiful and I was really happy/proud/grateful to share it with Drama. I think it will be something we will both remember for a long time. And of course, we can't have too serious a blog entry, that would be crazy. Pooh Bear took our picture after we got home and I liked this one in particular. It's classy like a double wide, as my sister would say.

1 comment: