Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Critical Thinking Wins Again

It is my job, as mother and resident math nerd, to check math homework nightly. Whilst checking Pooh Bear's homework for awesomeness I discovered this gem. At first glance the answer appears wrong but upon further reflection she is absolutely right! And I am going to let her turn it in this way.


Math question #8. Would you rather have your recess last from 10:30 am to 10:45 am or from 10:45 am to 11:10 am? Explain.

Pooh Bear's answer {translated}: 10:30 am to 10:45 am because it is freezing. But if it was nice, I would pick 10:45 am to 11:10 am.

Hey, I'm teaching my kids critical thinking around here. We like to look at the big picture and factor in all the variables {spelling optional}!

I haven't seen an answer this astute since Drama gave this answer on her homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment