Monday, April 4, 2011

the 50's

It seems that all the blogs I follow have a guest poster every once in a while. And, since I am slightly behind in my posting of events. And I have willing writers who consider it pretty cool to post on Mom's blog. Here you go....

Guest Post by Drama

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mom and I went to a really fun party where we got to dress up in the 50's! It was a recognition night for Activity Days. Mom bought me a costume that got a lot of people's attention. It was a Pink Lady costume, it also came with the record earrings. The earrings got most of the attention. Mom just wore one of her black skirts, a white shirt, and a blue sweater. That was good enough.

At the party we had fun hula-hooping.

We also ate ice cream. I got ice cream for mom. I'm nice.

This is me and my friend Anna.

4 comments:

  1. Love the 50's sun glasses! Great post Drama, you can be my guest blogger anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Drama girl: you look like me in the 7th grade. Although my glasses were pearlized white-these were ones I wore ALL the time (sad, huh?) and my red sweater wasn't monogrammed. I had a "poodle skirt" that was red and had a beautiful white horse with a brown mane & tail my mom made out of brown yard. I'd sit in church & braid the tail yard. If she saw it, I'd get "the look". I always thought the red sweater made me look fat. Anyway, I loved Judys outfit better. She had a baby blue cardigan (mine was a polo type thing) and SHE had a scarf around her neck and her skirt was light blue, I think. She had a gorgeous bird cage embroidered on it with birds out of felt hand sewn on & then sequins on the bird. About 10 years ago, she told me she liked mine better! Guess we're never happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I meant brown yarn. Where's spell check?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. And thanks for blogging. There are never ever too many Lehi Van Horn bloggers. I love you.

    ReplyDelete