Friday, December 31, 2010

Pity Party

Welcome all to my Pity Party. You may or may not have noticed that I have not blogged at all this month. I'll pause for the collective *gasp*. I know you all think that I have forgotten about you and that I may not love you any more, but I assure you that that is NOT true. And here are my many excuses for not blogging this month:

1. Christmas. Hello, magic maker here, how may I help you? I have understood for years why Christmas was not my mother's favorite holiday.

2. New Job. Yes, I re-entered the work force just before Thanksgiving. I am now employed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know, right, have to watch my language. I am working for the Audio Visual Department and I will be writing user manuals for their new archiving software. It's a pretty amazing gig and I can't believe how lucky I am to have this opportunity. But, I had to look for a daycare solution for the Boss and Bea. My amazing previous daycare provider abandoned me and started teaching school so I had to start from scratch and find someone new, in about a week. But I had faith that the Lord would help me find someone to take care of my precious little ones. And I was right. I found an amazing woman, who had spots open and was willing to work with my crazy schedule until I got settled into a routine. The girls love going to Heidi's to "play with the kids."

3. And if making Christmas magical and starting a new job (one that I have no idea what any of the acronyms stand for) was not enough for one month I had gum graft surgery this week and I am seriously grateful for pain killers. I also fit 27 hours of Professional Engineering Continuing Education into this month so I can renew my PE license which will expire the end of March (but you have the have the credit hours in by tonight). Can you say, "procrastination?" My excuse here is that I wasn't planning on renewing my license but at the last minute decided it was probably easier to do the credit hours and renew that decide later that I wanted to re-instate my license.

So, there you go. All my reasons for ignoring this blog, (that I love doing, btw). I had a goal earlier in the year to have more posts this year that I did last year. I'm not going to make it but I am going to get a few in tonight. They will probably be out of order and random but any post with pictures of my crazy little trouble makers is a good one, right? Can I get an Amen?

And to make this post worth your reading time, here are a few gratuitous photos:
Bea (Love the gummy grin) - Feb. 28, 2010
The Boss (@ a Children's Fair in the Southtowne Expo) - Feb. 6, 2010
Drama (Best Big Sister EVER) - March 16, 2010
Pooh Bear (displaying one of her many school creations) - March 1, 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy with all your posts, you must be feeling better! (or too tired to do anything else) Great pictures, luv them all!

    ReplyDelete