Thursday, February 4, 2010

Things I Love About The Boss at 2

and will miss when she's older.

1. The way she talks gibberish and expect us to understand what she's saying.
2. She loves to sit on the counter and have her hair done.
3. Her attitude - everything about it.
4. How she totally ignores me when I want her to do something - she just can't hear me, no matter how loud I yell talk. It won't be so cute when she's 16.
5. The way she runs and swings one arm really hard and doesn't watch where she's going.
6. How she walks on her toes and loves shoes.

7. She loves to be read to. She grabs my hand and pats the ground where she wants me to sit. We end up with tall piles of books we have to read over and over. If she wants me to read the book again after we finish, she knocks on the book.
8. Taking my hand and saying "um on!"
9. When she has a choice between saying please or giving me a kiss, she chooses kiss.
I heard (on TV so it must be true right?) that two year olds have about a 200 word vocabulary. So, I started making a list of the words The Boss knew, and that I understood. She has a few sentences that I haven't figured out what they mean quite yet, so they don't count. She's no where near 200 words but here are some of my favorites:

  • Mom (of course a fav)
  • ookie (cookie)
  • da! (with arms open wide for ta da!)
  • Curious George
  • hat
  • Where did it go?
  • I don't know.
  • Let's go!
  • Shew (not really a word, but still super cute)
  • Get down! (while pointing down, this was the second thing she said, after "mine." Do you think I said it one or two times? hundred maybe.)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. There is much I miss about E and Roo at two. Good thing there is stuff to replace the miss.

    ReplyDelete