Thursday, June 11, 2009

Camping - Grandma Tina Style

When everyone came down for Drama's baptism, they all stayed in the Marriott just down the street. Because, let's face it, my house is way to small for 6 kids, all their parents, a set of grandparents and a great grandmother! Grandma Tina invited Drama and Pooh Bear to go "camping" with them in the hotel. This is what's wrong with me folks, I was raised to think that camping was staying the the lower end Marriott! Anyway, they all had a great time, doing camping like things. Swimming in the pool, staying up waaaaay past bedtime, eating a hearty breakfast (minus the dirt and campfire smoke flavor), etc. The girls had a great time swimming with their cousins and uncles in the pool (just imagine it is a beautiful lake surrounded by trees, minus the mosquitoes, creepy crawlies and gross floaties)...There was a lot of tossing up in the air for some reason...Pooh Bear's friend from kindergarten was camping with her grandma too.The girls had a great time and no one got lime disease!

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if the Wheatley style of camping is a good thing or a bad thing. Don't get me wrong, I like the mountains, just as long as there is a hotel close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your mom that I am totally with her on the camping! I am very blessed to have a husband who is so accomodating!

    ReplyDelete